Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The "What Ifs" (Day 15 of 30)

If I am calculating things correctly, I believe I have hit the midpoint of my 30 days of posting thing. YAY to me! I really don't have too much to say today. I had a midwife appointment today. If any of you ever read my post about my first labor/delivery, you'd see that it pretty much sucked! In retrospect, it sucks even more. This time around, I have a great midwife who is supportive of VBACs, so I feel great about being given the opportunity to try things again the 'right' way.

But today I decided to open the "What If" box... What if things don't go according to my birth plan? What if I need another c-section? And...for what reasons would I 'need' one? The main reason for having another c-section would be if I didn't go into labor by 41 weeks. With a VBAC, they cannot induce, so I'd automatically have to schedule a c-section for my safety and the safety of my child. There's also a very slight risk of uterine rupture, but that doesn't scare me. I want to do everything the natural way - I am not allowed to have Pitocin or any related drugs, which is a definite plus. They encourage moms not to even go to the hospital until contractions are 5 mins apart (my last dr. said 8 mins apart). I told my midwife that I do not under any circumstances want an epidural. I want to experience all that my body has to offer me. I want to get into the most ideal position, I want to push when my body encourages me to push, I want to get so caught up in the moment that even though it is painful, it is also magical. I hope it can be all that I dream it can be!

The "What Ifs" can still be scary, though...

No comments:

Template: Blog Designs by Sheila