Sunday, August 7, 2011

Falling in Love (Day 6 of 30)

I am one of those rare people who gets to fall in love again everyday. Not like in 50 First Dates. Well, I don't know...maybe it is kinda like that. My husband has a zillion quirky behaviors that drive me insane. Snoring, passing gas, watching sports more than I care to watch, repeating the same line from a song 100 times over, picking his nose, scratching his butt... You get the idea.

But there's also something so incredibly amazing about him. Something I can't really describe. It's so far beyond just a sense of security or stability or love. I am IN LOVE everyday. I fall in love watching him play with my daughter. I fall in love watching him randomly bring me a cup of water because he knows I'm thirsty. I fall in love with him when he puts my feet on his lap and rubs them. I fall in love with him when he comes to bed at night. I fall in love with him when he licks his plate clean after I cook him dinner. I fall in love with him when he accomplishes something important at work. I fall in love with him when I see him speak in front of an audience. I fall in love with him when it's just the two of us in a restaurant together. I fall in love with him in the car, on the couch, in the kitchen...Hell, in the bathroom.

It saddens me to think that some people may never experience this, because I think it's one of the few benefits to being humans (besides the whole being able to communicate, get dressed, have sex for pleasure, think rationally, live in homes, etc.). I hope my daughter and my son learn from us. I hope they learn how to love purely and be loved thoroughly and completely. I hope they learn to give themselves honestly and expect and respect the same in return. To make sacrifices, but only because they love endlessly. All I can do is lead by example and remember to love my wonderful husband the same way.

I am still so in love with you.

April 30th, 2005

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila