Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Eco-Friendly Choices (Day 23 of 30)

Let me begin by saying...the 4-week countdown is ON!

So last night, I participated in a Healthy Child, Healthy World and Seventh Generation twitter party. We talked about eco-friendly choices, and it made me really think about how many eco-friendly choices I have made, especially since giving birth to Lydia:

  • Breastfeeding
  • Cloth diapering
  • Reusable shopping bags
  • Recycling pretty much everything I can
  • Donating unneeded goods to charities
  • Composting
  • Gardening using seeds from my kitchen
  • Reused tire mulch under our playground set
  • Greener household cleaning products
  • Organic food choices
  • Using reusable bottles for water and a Brita pitcher instead of buying water bottles
  • Some eco-friendly toys for Lydia
  • Conserving energy as much as possible 
  • Not using excessive quantities of gas - just driving when I need to
  • Refusing plasticware, bags, packaging in restaurants as often as possible
  • Reusing containers, butting back on zipper bags
I'm sure I'm forgetting several, but it feels good to confidently make these choices. Being more eco-conscious is a way of life. It makes you think about each decision you make, how it affects your life, the lives of your children, and the future generations. 

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila