Friday, August 19, 2011

Tommee Tippee Web App Review ~ The Day Baby Was Born

When I reflect back on the day Lydia was born, I tend to have negative feelings regarding the doctors, nurses, and hospital in general. I do regret some of the decisions that were made for and by me, as I do not believe they were the best decisions that could have been made. However, if you play life by the end results, then the result was a healthy, beautiful baby girl and a mom who was pretty much back to herself within just 5 or 6 days. I just wish that I was more confident and the medical staff was more supportive.

As I've written before, I will be attempting a VBAC with this pregnancy (due date is just 33 days away - time flew by!) Regardless of what happens the day baby #2 is born, the experience on the whole has been so different. Baby #1 - Girl; Baby #2 - Boy. I gained about twice as much weight with Lydia as I have this time. I was a pescatarian with my first pregnancy, and now I eat meat. I have a midwife and not an OB/GYN this time. So many changes, all of which I think show just how much I have learned in the last two years.

In my desire to have a more natural labor and delivery, listening to my body and following what it says to do, I daydream of the amazing day when my son will be born. I also enjoy writing about how I hope things will be, so when I learned of this web app The Day Baby Was Born by Tommee Tippee, I was very excited! Here's what I did to register:

1. I logged in for free using my Facebook account.
2. I answered a few simple questions about myself (name, zip code, etc.)
3. Then it began to ask me questions about Baby #2. I specified my due date and the gender, and I was able to upload a photo from my ultrasound (luckily I have a few 3D images).
4. An account was created, and I am now able to create a free storybook about the birth of my son!

This was such a simple registration process and this web app allows me to put so much information all in one place, including:
  • Online pregnancy announcement (with my friend's Facebook comments)
  • A weekly pregnancy journal
  • Online birth announcement
  • News & Facts from the day baby is born
  • Your personal story ~ I think this is the most important part of this website. Every birth is different, every family is different, and every baby is different. Sharing personal birth stories is a great way to reconnect with your own feelings and connect with other family members and friends.
  • A letter to baby ~ Richard and I both wrote one for Lydia, and I still get misty-eyed re-reading them. I think it's a really awesome thing to do before baby is born! 
  • Photos ~ I am such a photo-freak! Perfect feature for me!
I try to maintain an actual baby book for Lydia and I have started one for this baby, but sometimes it's hard to remember to add new photos, fill out information, etc. so I lose track of exact numbers like dates and measurements. Having access to an online account that allows me to input this information as soon as I acquire it will make things so much easier! After completing the book, you are able to download it to print and share it with friends on Facebook. This app was so user-friendly, as it really walks you through each step of your personalized The Day Baby Was Born book. I highly recommend it to pregnant women and new mommies (and daddies, of course!)
*I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tommee Tippee blogging contest for a chance to get a gift pack worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila