Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 8 ~ Bake Cookies

by Carrie Wells, Ed.D.
This was an awesome challenge! I got ty try out a recipe I had thought about trying, and when I shared the idea on Facebook, I think I inspired three other mommies to make some. I decided to do homemade Oreo cookies. While I like things that are cookies n' cream flavored, there's something about store-bought Oreos that I don't like. They have a bit of a cardboard texture/flavor that just makes them taste processed. Well...the solution is to make your own! You can click the link above for the recipe, so I'll just share my series of photos. I used King Arthur Double-Dutch Dark Cocoa for a really rich, deep flavor.

Homemade Oreo Cookies

Lydia loves cooking with me!


You can laugh about what this dough looks like. I did a bit...but it was yummy!


I made my cookies pretty small - I wanted them to be the size of store-bought Oreos.


Here are the cookies straight out of the oven.


I put the filling in a zipper bag and cut the tip to "pipe" the filling into the cookies.


No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila