Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 3 ~ Food Artwork

by Carrie Wells, Ed.D.


Our Day 3 food challenge was to paint with fruits & veggies. This isn't exactly a cooking challenge, obviously, but it makes us rethink the beauty of food. I recently saw an awesome pin on Pinterest using okra to paint. Unfortunately, the only packages of okra they had at the store that day were huge, and I didn't want to make the investment, but I'd definitely like to try that one day. We used heart and start-shaped potato stamps, an apple, and broccoli to paint. Since it was Valentine's Day, we used pink paper and pink & red paint. Next time, I think we'll use food as our medium (perhaps some pudding, cool whipped, gelatin, etc.).







2 comments:

Vaughn Ripley said...

Adorable. My daughter is fascinated with art of all types. This is one we haven't tried ... Gotta give it a go, because I'm sure she will eat it up (no pun intended).

Huppie Mama said...

Thanks! so many fun ways to make art with food :-)

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila