Thursday, July 28, 2011

My little carnivore ~ Grilled steak tacos!

As my readers know, I was a pescatarian for over 4 years. Recently, I started eating meat. I was never a fan of steak, but I think it's because I rarely had it prepared properly. Here's my take on some grilled steak tacos. These came out delicious! Here's the evidence:





Grilled Steak Tacos (serves 2)
Ingredients:
6 flour tortillas
1 to 1 1/2 lb flat iron steak
4 garlic cloves, crushed
olive oil
good chile powder (I used ancho)
1 red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
salt/pepper
lettuce
tomatoes
guacamole (I make mine with avocado, lime, red onion, salt/pepper, cilantro)
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
lime wedges

Directions:
Combine 4 cloves of crushed garlic, ancho chile powder, salt, pepper, and enough olive oil to make a paste. Rub paste all over steak and marinate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, you can prepare all of the other components. Slice red onion, red pepper, and green pepper (thick slices). Shred the lettuce and dice the tomatoes. Prepare the guacamole. 
When steak is ready to cook, place diagonally on grill. After about 2-3 minutes, rotate steak 180 degrees. Do the same for the other side to get nice grill marks - Cook until medium. Simultaneously grill the onions and peppers until tender. Place flour tortillas on the grill until they get light grill marks and are warmed through.
When the steak is cooked, place on a cutting surface for about 5 - 10 mins. Slice it thinly against the grain. Place steak slices in a tortilla, and top with grilled onions/peppers, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomato, and lettuce.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila