Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baking Bread

Several years ago, I said that I was going to try to bake my own breads. I baked one, it wasn't too good, and I quickly gave up. Last Black Friday, I got a Kitchenaid Mixer, and a few months ago, I got a bread hook from CSN Stores. I was watching Barefoot Contessa about a week ago on the Food Network, and she made what looked like a really simple recipe for Honey White Bread. Since I've been eating more sandwiches recently, I decided I would try it out! Here are my step-by-step photos of my first real bread-making experience:

 This was after adding the yeast, warm water, warm milk, honey, egg yolks, sugar, and 3 cups of flour. This was kneaded in the mixer for 5 minutes on a low speed.

 I added an additional 2 1/2 cups of flour and kneaded in the mixer for 8 minutes at a medium speed.  I removed it and placed on a floured butcher's block. Then I kneaded it by hand for 1 more minute.

 Now the dough is ready to rise!

 The dough has risen the first time for one hour.

 The dough has risen for an additional hour in the bread pans. Ready for the oven!

 40 minutes later and out of the oven.

 Perfect Honey White Bread!

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila