Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Florida Keys

The Florida Keys and Sanibel are probably the two best reasons to live in South Florida. Six years ago, Richard and I got married in the Keys (Islamorada, specifically). We dressed casually, ate casually, and only invited about a dozen people. It was an amazing weekend with close friends and family! Then we took our honeymoon in Sanibel on the west coast of Florida. While the Keys are kinda low-budget and chill...Sanibel is a bit more high-end, but still equally as relaxing and beautiful. Both areas have amazing restaurants, fun stores to visit, and beaches. I haven't been to Sanibel in several years, but we go to the Keys two to three times a year, even if it's just a day trip. Last Saturday, we went for the day.



Some highlights: my sister caught a starfish and Lydia tried to eat it, we had a delicious meal at our favorite restaurant down there (Lazy Days), we saw dolphins at Hawk's Cay (a really nice resort), went swimming, visited Anne's Beach, and watched the sunset. It was a beautiful day outdoors with my family! I love creating such awesome memories.

2 comments:

Pat said...

We love the Southern part of Florida. We particularly like Naples. For the children the beaches are great - acres of sand and just the right height of waves for them. For the adults we love the restaurants and the shopping.

Huppie Mama said...

Naples is nice! I love Sanibel on the west coast. That's where my husband and I had our honeymoon 6 years ago. My little one hasn't been yet, so perhaps that will be our next mini-road trip :-)

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila