Sunday, May 16, 2010

My First Mother's Day

I just wanted to share my first Mother's Day with everyone. I used to say that a woman becomes a mother when she first finds out she is pregnant, and while in many ways that is true, I felt so very special this year, beyond anything I felt last year (although last year was also a nice day, too!) Saturday I spent way too much time in the sun, so I did have a sunburn. Richard made reservations for brunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Blue Moon Fish Company. The brunch was a-mazing! Grouper, mahi-mahi, crab cakes, rice/beans, plantains, salads, raw oysters/clams, and lots more. We also got a dessert sampler plate brought to our table with creme brulee, cheesecake, chocolate cake, and a vanilla cupcake. Oh, and choice of mimosa, champagne, or bloody mary (I chose a mimosa). That night, we had a potluck at our house with my parents, Jamie, and Mike. That was fun, too! Overall, a great weekend!


What a great Mother's Day gift!!

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila