Thursday, January 12, 2012

Amy's Review ~ Gluten-Free Organic Sandwich Rounds

by Carrie Wells, Ed.D.

Amy's, the nation's top-selling brand of natural and organic convenience foods, is pleased to announce a new product for the gluten-free community: Organic Sandwich Rounds. Made with rice flour, these light and thin sandwich rounds are perfect with Veggie Burgers or your favorite sandwich fillings (SRP $6.95/8 rounds). Soy free, dairy free and gluten free. *Allergen alert: This product contains sunflower seeds.


Here are a few of the things that I love about these sandwich rounds:
1. Each box contains 8 rounds. They can be used to make open-face sandwiches (or pair two together for a regular sandwich).
2. We eat with our eyes first. Visually, these looked moist and had a toasty appearance. They are larger than the other sandwich rounds I have seen on the market.
3. The sandwich rounds had a nice earthy flavor to them. Great for a variety of sandwiches!
4. They are gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free. When I initially saw the box, I thought "Is it relevant that bread is dairy free?" but then I purchased some pre-made pizza crust recently and saw that it was made with cheese, so it is important to check to see what's in your bread before making any assumptions.
5. These can be stored in the freezer, removing one at a time when you are ready to eat it.
6. They're organic!

I decided to experiment with these sandwich rounds by making my own breakfast sandwich. I do not do fast food, so this was a nice alternative to those high-fat, high-calorie sandwiches you can grab at a drive-thru. I made mine an open-face sandwich with a sausage patty, scrambled egg, and sharp cheddar cheese. Delicious!


To learn more about Amy's delicious options for all different diets (e.g. vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan), visit the Amy's website and Facebook page

* I received the aforementioned product for free to review. The opinions expressed are honest and provided without monetary compensation.

1 comment:

Jan Messali said...

These look good. I really like Amy's products, especially their burritos.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila